What we do:
Create and maintain a wonderful habitat for customers, visitors and wildlife:
· We have lost count of the number of trees we have planted over the years but it’s a lot! Our ongoing maintenance programme ensures they are looked after and kept in good shape.
· The lakes create a wonderful environment to be in and encourage a wide variety of wildlife.
· From time to time a local wildlife group carry out surveys here – you would be amazed at the huge variety of bugs and moths we have on site!
· We try to be as organic as possible but just occasionally we do have to spray weeds to control them.
· Hedging is carried out after 1st September to avoid disturbing nesting birds.
Monitor and minimise waste, and reuse and recycle as much as possible.
Encourage customers not to leave litter and to recycle as much as possible using the bins provided. We have recycling facilities on site for:
· Cardboard, paper, cans, plastic bottles,
· Glass bottles, jars
· For items that cannot be recycled we have general waste bins
Use an energy supplier that obtains its power from renewable energy sources – in our case, biomass.
Energy for our shower and toilet block on the campsite is provided by an air source heat pump.
Use energy responsibly in our business operations and buildings.
Use local suppliers and contractors wherever practicable.
Encourage our customers to consider their environmental impact and support local producers and attractions when visiting us or staying here on holiday.
In the office we only print when absolutely necessary and always double-sided if it’s more than one page.
What can you do?
Keep it local! If you need some inspiration on where to visit, eat, drink or shop when you’re here, there are lots of ideas on our website, click here and here. You can then feel good that you’re putting something back into the local economy.
Recycle. Please use the recycling facilities located in the main car park.
Be energy aware. Staying in our cottages? Simply closing windows and turning off heating and appliances when you are out makes an enormous difference. It is good for the environment and will make us happy!
Bring your bike. Lots of the loveliest parts of the West Country are best explored on foot or by bike. The famous Strawberry Line cycle route from Clevedon to Cheddar is very close by.
“Take only pictures, leave only your footprints”. If you see any litter please put it in the appropriate bin.
Back to the top