Tactics and Rules
As a general rule maggots, sweet corn and bread punch work well in the winter.A huge variety of baits work well in the summer:
- Bread crusts and dog biscuits as floating bait together with:
- Flavoured meat (tandoori)
- Pellet paste (cheese and curry)
- Banded pellets
- Liquidised bread
- Liquidised sweetcorn
- Chopped worms
- Old faithfuls - maggots, sweet corn, bread punch
- Cat food
- Macaroni cheese
- Baked beans
- Anything smelly from your fridge that will stay on your hook!
Feed the swim little and often.
Fish lighter than you think you need to for best results
The main rule is COMMON SENSE but please read on
- The lakes are open from dawn to dusk - no night fishing
- Before you start to fish you must have:
A fish-friendly landing net capable of holding a 10lb+ fish
A landing mat to place the fish on whilst you de-hook it to avoid damaging the fish. You must not place any fish directly on to the grass, ground or swim even if it's in a landing net.
- Fish friendly keep nets only. It is compulsory to use two keep nets when fishing in a match. Large and small fish must be kept separately to avoid the smaller ones from becoming crushed. We ask that pleasure fishermen either use two separate nets or decide only to keep small or large fish in a keep net.
- No boilies, dried nuts or bloodworm - boilies can affect the water quality; dried nuts can swell inside fish and kill them; bloodworm can carry fish diseases
- All other baits limited to a maximum of 1kg
- Do not throw surplus bait into the lakes, bin it or take it home
- No rod to be left unattended
- No braided line
- No stalking of fish, you must fish from a peg
- 14's and under MUST be accompanied by an adult, unless a valid season ticket holder
- No dogs
- No alcohol
- Please don't feed the wildfowl
- It is a criminal offence to leave litter (including cigarette ends), please use bins provided. Bulky items such as chairs, fishing rods, umbrellas, etc must be taken home or to your nearest recycling centre
- All visitors, their vehicles and possessions are permitted on the premises entirely at their own risk.
- No moaning!
- Please ensure that you bring the correct money with you and place it in a suitable container at least 2 metres from the back of your swim. Day tickets are £8 for adults, £6 for concessions (OAP’s /Disabled / 14’s & under)
- Members of the same household can share a swim
- Please bring and use your own hand sanitiser and use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and exiting the toilet/shower facilities
- Please do not come if you, or a member of your household are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
Back to the top